Saturday, January 4, 2014

Adventures in Air: My new Airbrush!

Yeah, I finally took the plunge, and over Christmas, I received a 2 gallon, 1/5 horsepower compressor with a line regulator, and an Iwata Neo gravity fed dual action airbrush!

I am very impressed with the way a local hobby center handled my inquiries and questions, they were incredibly helpful and informative. Anyone living in the Ottawa area should check out The Hobby Centre, near the costco on merivale road. Excellent guys there.

I'm going to be playing around with my brush all day, I'll post photos and first thoughts after I prime some models!

2 comments:

  1. One question: How much did it all cost?

    Because the biggest thing keeping me from acquiring one has always been my wallet...that and the actual use I would eventually be getting out of it.(I keep hearing most people only use them for base coating)

    Anyways looking forward to see what you can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's around 130 for my hose, brush, adaptor, and quick connect. My compressor was on sale and only cost around 100, I think as it was a gift.

    My first prime was amazing. It's so fast and efficient, I would buy this just for prime and base coating. I hate spray paint, and this is that but precise and not wasteful at all.

    ReplyDelete